Throughout the often overheated debate over health care reform, frequent comparisons have been made to the Clinton administration’s failed attempts to shepherd like-minded legislation through Congress in 1993-94. We have been assured that Team Obama is not going to make the same mistakes as the previous Democratic administration. See this website.
This is a post is authored by our guest Donna Finn who is a Internal Medicine Doctor. You may read her other works such as Nursing Assistant Certification and Surgical Tech Salary . Ms. Finn shares her knowledge by regularly writing articles that would help furthering careers. Her passion for her field makes her work harder and find new ways to improve the craft. Read her article about Ultrasound Technician Schools in PA. Her views may not necessarily be reflective of the views of this site’s owners.
Hillary Clinton?s American Health Choices Plan has 5 key provisions:
- Universal Coverage: The plan covers everybody. There are about 47 million Americans without health insurance, and Hillary Clinton?s proposal would provide coverage for all of them. The coverage would come from one of a number of sources she calls the new ?Health Choices Menu.? The menu would include a Medicare type option and an option similar to the Federal Employee Health Benefit Program (FEHBP). Visit E-health Insurance.
- Coverage is Mandatory: Although she calls the plan as the American Health Choices Plan, you don?t have a choice. Everybody must be covered by health insurance.
- Eliminate Insurance ?Discrimination?: Hillary Clinton wants to prevent an insurance company from setting rates based on the health of the insured, a common and sensible practice in the insurance industry (e.g., bad drivers pay more for car insurance) that she labels as ?discrimination.?
- Modernize Health Care to Produce Cost Savings: Clinton believes her plan can deliver health care to you more efficiently than the health care industry, and that her plan will result in annual savings of $56 billion.
- ?Net Tax Cut for American Taxpayers?: The plan includes refundable tax credits to help pay for health insurance. In conjunction with the cost savings, Clinton plans on paying for these credits by raising taxes on high income earners to the tune of $54 billion. Apparently, the credits are more than the increased taxes, abracadabra, a net tax cut. See Schools for Physical Therapy.
President Obama?s health care plan is estimated to cover 95% of the population. Up to 32 million uninsured American civilians, including those who cannot typically afford health care, will have the health care coverage they need. The new plan will change the ways in which insurance companies deal with ?high risk? policies where civilians have lost their jobs as a result of injury or illness. Under the regulations of this new plan, insurance companies will no longer be allowed to simply drop coverage on an individual. They will also not be able to deny coverage to any individual who has an existing illness or condition which was identified prior to their purchase of their insurance policy with said company. Children will now be able to stay on their parent?s health care plan until they reach the age of 26, unless they are offered a health care plan through their employment. This will lower the level of uninsured younger individuals who typically would not be able to pay for insurance themselves following college leave and a lack of employment. Click here for more information.
One of the disadvantages of Obama?s health care plan is that an estimated total of $94 billion will be spent every year on health care for Americans. With this huge sum of money, there is a chance that the cost of premiums will increase, costing more money. Insurance companies will claim that they will be unable to cope with the financial burden which will follow from having to carry high risk policies. There will be an increase in our taxes to help pay for these changes. The main disadvantage of the Obama Heath Care Plan is the lack of public involvement. Most of these changes are also not due to take effect until 2014 which could potentially see us with a new President in power meaning that Obama?s ideas and visions may not even be taken into true effect.
Additional helpful sites that you should check out.
- Nursing Schools in Washington State
- Veterinary Technician Schools
- Car Accidents Articles
- Occupational Therapy Salary
- Association of Surgical Technologists
- Surgical Tech Salary
- Physical Therapy Assistant Salary
- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Occupational Therapist Assistant Salary